Win a Kindle Fire or Nook with The Authors in Bloom Giveaway Hop!
I’m so excited to be taking part in The Authors in Bloom Giveaway Hop! I have loads of fun stuff for you—a delicious chocolate dessert recipe, a $25 Amazon gift card to give away, and of course your chance to enter the big prize drawer when one lucky winner will receive their choice of a Kindle Fire or Nook.
First, a huge thank you for stopping by Boys on the Brink, a blog dedicated to gay young adult fiction and the authors who write it. Here you’ll find everything from book reviews and author interviews, to excerpts and news from the world of LGBT YA fiction, so feel free to look around. You might find some titles to add to your To Read List. If you’d like to receive updates on the release of my debut novel Caught Insides, an M/M romance for young adults, you can Sign up for my newsletter
Dessert Recipe: Chocolate Coconut Ice-Cream Sandwiches
A simple way to transform shop-bought biscuits into a treat that dessert lovers of all ages will adore
Ready in 10 minutes
- 500ml coconut or vanilla ice cream
- 175g dark chocolate chips
- 8 digestive biscuits
- 4 tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and leave to stand at room temperature to soften slightly. Put the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and rest it over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Heat, stirring occasionally, for 2–3 minutes until the chocolate has melted. Remove the bowl from the heat.
- Put the biscuits on a small baking sheet or a plate. Spread the melted chocolate over the top of each, sprinkle with the coconut and freeze for 5 minutes until the chocolate has set.
- Turn 4 of the chocolate-coated biscuits over and put a scoop of the ice cream on each one, then sandwich with the remaining biscuits, chocolate-sides up. Serve immediately.
Your Chance to Win
I have a $25 Amazon gift card to give away! Enter below for your chance to win, and gain automatic entry into the prize drawer when one lucky winner will land their choice of a Kindle Fire or Nook. After the closing date of April 19th, the comments across all participating blogs will be collected and the grand prize winner chosen at random using Rafflecopter, so don’t forget to leave your email address in the comments.
Remember, the more blogs you comment on, the greater your chances of scooping the grand prize, not to mention a whole host of other great prizes, so be sure to visit my fellow authors taking part in the hop, all of whom are listed in the linky below.